To develop strong relationships and increase public safety between the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office and the multicultural communities within Hennepin County by building communities of trust.
2014 Strategic Priorities
- Partner with community organizations and law enforcement agencies to improve outreach efforts within Hennepin County.
- Increase Hennepin County Sheriff's Office visibility at community gatherings and celebrations.
- Respond to citizen inquiries and requests for assistance.
- Assist in diversity recruitment efforts for the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office.
- Conduct eight culture-specific One Day Citizen Academies.
- Conduct quarterly, targeted advisory meetings with community leaders in multicultural communities across Hennepin County, including: elders, women and youth groups to address specific issues.
- Develop new and build upon existing community partnerships.
- Provide diversity training to Hennepin County Sheriff's Office employees.