Community Engagement Team
To develop strong relationships between the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office and the multicultural communities within Hennepin County by strengthening community partnerships while increasing public safety.
2013 Strategic Priorities
- Partner with community organizations and law enforcement agencies to improve outreach efforts within Hennepin County
- Assist the Sheriff in providing Hennepin County Sheriff's Office Overview Briefings
- Increase Hennepin County Sheriff's Office visibility at community gatherings and celebrations.
- Respond to citizen inquiries and requests for assistance.
- Conduct culture specific diversity training for law enforcement and other agencies.
- Conduct culture specific One Day Citizen Academies.
- Meet with community elders, women and youth groups to address specific issues.
- Develop new and build upon existing community partnerships.
- Provide diversity training to Hennepin County Sheriff's Office employees.
- Assist in diversity recruitment efforts for the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office.