Taking care of warrants
To find out how to take care of a warrant, call the sheriff’s office at 612-348-2000.
- You need a case or warrant number to receive information over the phone.
- If you don’t have a case or warrant number, have the full name and date of birth and call district court at 612-348-2040.
- If you aren’t sure if you have a warrant, or to turn yourself in on a warrant, visit the public safety facility. You'll go through weapons screening.
Posting cash bail
You can post cash bail or bond 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at the public safety facility. You’ll go through weapons screening.
- You must have the exact amount.
- There is no cash machine on site.
- We don't give change or accept debit or credit cards.
- You must have a current government-issued photo identification.
If you don't know your bail amount, sheriff's staff will let you know when you call and you provide your case or warrant number.