Permit to carry a handgun
All Hennepin County residents who want to obtain a permit to carry must apply for it at the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office.
Permit to Carry Applications are accepted by appointment only. Permit to Purchase, Data Changes, or Permit to Carry Replacements do not require appointments.
Refer below for hours and locations.
To schedule an appointment online please follow the link below:
Click here to schedule your appointment online.
Take note when scheduling appointments online to select your desired location. Locations and availability will vary, refer to the scheduling website for updated locations and availability.
For your appointment you will need:
- A completed application. Minnesota Uniform Firearm Application Permit to Carry a Pistol (mn.gov)
- Your Training Certificate from a Minnesota BCA Authorized firearms training course that was issued not more than one year prior to your appointment date.
- Your identification (driver’s license or other government issued ID showing your current address).
- Payment: Cash or check or Visa/Mastercard
- Credit card payments are subject to an additional 2.5% convenience fee to the credit card provider.