You must apply in person for a permit to carry
All applicants for a new or renewal permit to carry in Hennepin County must apply at one of these locations. Hours differ by location. Minnesota residents must apply for a permit to carry in the county where they live. Out of state residents can apply for a permit to carry at any sheriff’s office in Minnesota.
Only one person may be in the lobby at a time, so please queue up outside the office, maintaining a six-foot distance between you and others.
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m
Main gun permit unit office inside Minneapolis City Hall
350 South Fifth Street, Room 22
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Gun permit purchases at our Brooklyn Park facility are suspended until further notice.
Hennepin County Sheriff's Office Enforcement Services Division Headquarters
9401 83rd Avenue North
Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
Gun permit purchases at this location are suspended until further notice.
Richfield Police Department
One Richfield City Hall
6700 Portland Avenue South
Richfield, MN 55423
Gun permit purchases at our Spring Park facility are suspended until further notice.
Hennepin County Sheriff's water patrol unit
4141 Shoreline Drive
Spring Park, MN 55384
Holiday closures for all gun permit offices 2020
- Wednesday, January 1, 2020 (New Year’s Day)
- Monday, January 20, 2020 (MLK Day)
- Monday, February 17, 2020 (President’s Day)
- Monday, May 25, 2020 (Memorial Day)
- Friday, July 3, 2010 (Independence Day)
- Monday, September 7, 2020 (Labor Day)
- Wednesday, November 11, 2020 (Veteran’s Day)
- Thursday, November 26, 2020 (Thanksgiving Day)
- Friday, November 27, 2020 (Thanksgiving Friday)
- Friday, December 25, 2020 (Christmas Day)